Our football team started the week with 2 tough matches. They didn't win their games, but displayed great teamwork. Well done everyone! We had a great day on Monday in our houses, as we looked at using the internet safely. Thank you to Mrs Deakin for organising the work. Today we have shared the messages in our assemblies. It was great to see so many of you there. There is a parents information sheet available from the office if you weren't able to join us. Thank you to the members of the Parents' Association who provided the cakes and made the drinks. Year 2 had a great day at Martin Mere on Wednesday, and I enjoyed hearing their recount of the day yesterday. Our Year 5s are all set for their performance at St. Mary's High School on Monday evening. I am really looking forward to hearing their work. Have a lovely week-end.
Have a read through these statistics we have gathered from our KS2 children this week:
1. Almost half the children don't ask permission before going online.
2. 90% of children do not have an adult with them when they are on the internet.
3. 63% of children chat to friends online regularly.
4. 43% have had a friend request off someone they don't know.
5. 18% have spoken to someone online they don't know.
6. A quarter of the children in the juniors access social media platforms such as Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp. This number increases to almost 50% in years 5 & 6.