Music Lead: Miss Quinn
In our classes we have a weekly music lesson, we use Charanga to guide us through our lessons. Each term takes a new focus and often a new genre of music.
Through Charanga, we learn to 'listen and appraise' songs, understanding genres of music and being able to identify instruments. Each unit we learn a new song, often singing or using instruments to help us.
At St Stephen's, we also enjoying performing our music throughout the year, to a range of audiences.
Unfortunately over the past 2 academic years, our performances have been affected by the COVID restrictions, we are hoping as we move into a safer time we will be able to begin our live performances again.
In a normal school year, we enjoy:
- Y3 performing with Bedford High school in their School production
- Individual musicians performing at the Christmas Fayre
- KS2 singers at the school Christmas Fayre
- KS2 singers at Damn House for our community
- KS2 Performing Arts Show
- KS1 and KS2 singing club at the Spring Fayre
- Brass Concerts by our Year 4
- ATHOS Music Festival
- Year 6 School play
We wonder how many performances we can take part in this year...